Mayor Sawicki decides against run for second term
Mayor Marni Sawicki has announced via social media that she will not seek a second term as Cape Coral Mayor.
In a statement posted on her official Facebook page, Mayor Sawicki says that she has decided to focus her energies on building her management consulting company rather than seek a second term in office, "I am proud of our city’s accomplishments; however, with both of my children now attending college and the amount of hours required as mayor, I am choosing to focus my energies on building my company when my term ends. Therefore, I am making the difficult decision not to seek re-election."
Be sure to check back on CapeCoral.com for more details.
- City Charter School Board to begin superintendent replacement process
- Habitat for Humanity proposes impact fee deferral
- On the Agenda: Cape Coral City Council COW Meeting Preview (Mar. 27)
- City receives $600,000 state grant for stormwater improvements
- Council Member Stout appointed to FL Commission on the Status of Women