Pop Warner Pics of the Week: Cape Typhoons vs. Cape Jr. Mantarays, Cape Jr. Cudas vs. LaBelle
As the 2016 Pop Warner Football season winds down, each game becomes more important for those fighting for an opportunity to compete in this year's playoffs.
For the Cape Junior Mantarays and Barracudas, this past Saturday was a chance to continue the momentum the season has brought thus far.
First, the Mantarays proved their dominance by defeating intercity rivals the Cape Typhoon convincingly. The Mantarays executed on both sides of the ball to near perfection as they shutout the Lightning 31-0.
Following the Mantarays victory, it was the Barracudas turn as they took on the LaBelle Longhorns.
The Cudas didn’t waste any time jumping out to a 24-0 lead going into halftime, which was enough for the Cudas as they continued to hold the Longhorns scoreless in the second half while adding one more trip to the end zone for a 24-0 final score.
The win continues the Cudas undefeated season and all but locks up their participation in postseason play coming up in the next few weeks.
To see photos from both games, click on the links below.
- Dutch Lions FC to compete in US Women's Premier Soccer League
- Freeport's Sunland Baptist Academy captures Santa Slam IV title
- Cape Jr. Marlins take first round playoff game in dramatic fashion
- Cape Jr. Marlins capture Peace River Conference Pop Warner Championship
- High School Football 2016 Wrap Up - Nov. 4